Tuesday, October 2, 2012

90 Day Challenge


It’s so easy to fall behind- not only as a writer and blogger, but in general. One day fades into the next and before you know it it’s October 2!!! Sigh… life can become overwhelming. And, in the end, I suppose you just have to take it one moment at a time.

                Several months ago (yes, as ashamed as I am to admit it) I purchased a copy of 90 Days to Your Novel by Sarah Domet. As the title would suggest, the book outlines exactly how to complete a first draft version of your novel in just 90 days. Sounds pretty incredible, especially since I’ve been agonizing over Voodoo Dolls for 18 months now. Of course, you have to be dedicated and willing to put in the required work. In fact, Sarah even includes a “Contract” for the writer to make with himself promising to work diligently every day for 90 days no matter what. I haven’t signed my own contract yet, but I will tomorrow. Which means, I will have a complete first draft of Voodoo Dolls by December 31. How completely cool would it be to start 2013 with a completed manuscript? I’m totally up for this challenge!

2 comments:

KatyD said...

You can do it! Remember what that fortune teller told you something new will be happening by the new year. Or was that the fortune cookie lol I don't remember which one. I know you can do it I have faith in you!

P.K. Dawning said...

It was the fortune teller in New Orleans! And, thanks... I'm feeling pretty good about it this time!