Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Step Back

Some of you know. Many of you don’t. I’ve decided to take a mini break from Voodoo Dolls to do a little more research before finishing the story. In September, I hit the halfway point, and that’s when I realized the story wasn’t going exactly the way I’d hoped. It’s not a major dilemma, nothing to scrap the book over. But I decided it’s best to take a step back to recollect myself as a writer and reevaluate my story.

That’s one of the reasons why I haven’t posted a blog in over a week. I just needed a little breather. Now that I’ve had that, I’ll be back to posting on my regular schedule: Monday and Thursday 6 P.M. PST. I’m still breaking from the book until I return from my trip home to Alabama. I’m going to spend the next few weeks just reading, something I haven’t made time to do in a very long while. Plus, to be honest, I don’t want to be distracted by the story while I’m visiting with family.

In other Blog news, info on my October blog contest will be coming Thursday in addition to an extended chapter in Dead and Buried. (Wanna make up for flaking on y’all last week!) This month’s contest is going to be a little different, so be sure to check in Thursday for more on how to enter and to learn about the prizes.


Until then,

PK Dawning

4 comments:

Taylor said...

So Excited for you! Miss you so much!

P.K. Dawning said...

Thanks, Taylor. I miss you too. I'll be flying home October 13. Hopefully we'll have a chance to get together while I'm there.

Anonymous said...

Woohooo! Extended dead and buried!!! I can't wait to see you Pam!!!


-Moe

P.K. Dawning said...

Thanks, Moe. I'll try not to disappoint.